So let’s get started! To save you time when searching through Reddit, we’ve reviewed and filtered Reddit recommendations for the best mattresses to make things easier.
|Tuft & Needle – Original Queen Mattress, Medium Feel, Cooling, Pressure Relief, CertiPUR-US, 100-Night Trial||Patented adaptive foam for superior pressure relief. Durable mattress support backing layer for reliable performance and combating quicksand feeling. impregnated with gel and graphite for a cooler sleep. Medium feels to accommodate a wide range of sleepers. Removable lid for hassle-free maintenance.|
|Sleep Innovations Marley 10 Inch Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress with Airflow Channel Foam for Breathability, Queen Size, Bed in a Box, Medium Firm Support||This 10″ Gel Mattress is perfect for those who sleep hot; This medium-firm mattress features a 3-layer construction with a soft knit cover, stretchy foam, and a durable base layer for pressure relief and support in any sleeping position.|
|Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR Supreme 3-Inch Mattress Topper, Medium Firm, Queen, White||This mattress does not need to be flipped. Set and forget!|
|Zinus 8 Inch Ultima Memory Foam Mattress / Pressure Relieving / CertiPUR-US Certified / Bed-in-a-Box, Queen, White||Hybrid construction or memory foam. Cooling gel layer on some models. Green tea infusion on some models.|
|NapQueen 8 Inch Bamboo Charcoal Queen Size Medium Firm Memory Foam Mattress, Bed in a Box||Temperature controller, orthopedic, antibacterial, low-power transfer, removable cover. Medium hardness. Filling material: memory foam, high-density foam, cotton. Product dimensions 80″L × 60″W × 8″D. 15% cotton, 85% polyester.|
|Twin Mattress, Coolvie 10 Inch Twin Size Hybrid Mattress, Individual Pocket Springs with Memory Foam, Bed in a Box, Cooler Sleep with Pressure Relief and Support||Thick layers of memory foam wrap around the body for great pressure relief. The foam absorbs motion to prevent motion transmission. Soft-touch cashmere blend mattress cover.|
Reddit best mattress reviews
Everyone knows that Reddit forums can be a great source of information. And this even applies to buying mattresses. So, if you’re still looking for your dream bed, check out some of the best mattresses on Reddit and find your perfect one. Let’s dive in!
Tuft & Needle – Original Queen Mattress, Medium Feel, Cooling, Pressure Relief, CertiPUR-US, 100-Night Trial
The nerds and tech executives who make up the vast majority of the best mattress according to Reddit community are likely to like Tuft & Needle for their origin story alone. I know that. Two tech executives from Silicon Valley are ruining the mattress industry.
If I tried, I couldn’t come up with a better story. And the best part is they actually have chops to back it up. So much so that mattress giants Serta Simmons have teamed up with them to create a brand we’re really excited to see more from.
The Mint best mattress is an upgraded Tuft & Needle foam mattress. Simple in design, it consists of just three layers of foam: a top layer, an additional support layer, and a foam-based layer as a base. Made from Tuft & Needle Responsive Foam, an exclusive foam, the top two foam layers actually have a slightly different design.
The topmost layer of Tuft & Needle Mint foam is infused with graphite, known for its ability to absorb heat. The Mint best mattress has 30% more graphite than the original Tuft and Needle mattress for a cooler night’s sleep.
The middle layer is made up of ceramic gel beads that stack on top of each other whenever pressure is applied, providing pressure relief where the body needs it most. The gel also enhances the cooling properties of the mattress, so those who tend to sleep hot will definitely appreciate it.
We can’t say it was the most cooling foam mattress we’ve ever tried, but at the reasonable price that Tuft and Needle Mint offer, it did an excellent job of keeping the temperature more neutral.
The firmness of the Mint mattress is between medium and medium firmness, making it a good choice for all sleep types, including side sleepers.
Weight and body type can affect mattress firmness levels, so if you’re a bit heavier, this mattress may feel more like a softer mattress.
If you’re over 250 pounds, we recommend purchasing a hybrid mattress, as mattresses provide a better support system as well as more pressure relief for heavier people.
Since I sleep mostly on my stomach and weigh just over 60 kg, I still felt like I had enough support for my hips and shoulders when I slept on the Tuft and Needle Mint.
Motion isolation is another important factor to consider when shopping for a new mattress, especially if you sleep with a partner or a pet.
Most memory foam models mattresses do a great job of conveying movement, and the Tuft and Needle mattress is no exception.
As for the base support layer, Tuft and Needle have added 4 inches of extra stiffness around the edges of the bottom foam layer for improved edge support, so you don’t have to worry about slipping off the bed when sitting on the edge.
All these layers are covered with a gray plush knitted mattress pad reinforced with HeiQ NPJ03, a Swiss textile technology that blocks viruses and bacteria.
I really like the slate gray look of the mattress pad, but it’s not removable or washable, so you have to be extra careful with spills and stains. Tuft & Needle Mint comes in 6 different sizes and is 12 inches thick.
- Patented adaptive foam for superior pressure relief.
- Durable mattress support backing layer for reliable performance and combating quicksand feeling.
- Impregnated with gel and graphite for a cooler sleep.
- Medium feels to accommodate a wide range of sleepers.
- Removable lid for hassle-free maintenance.
- Mattress cooling over 250 pounds.
- Great for all types of sleep.
- No feeling stuck in the mud.
- Not for sleepers over 250 pounds.
- The cover is not removable and cannot be washed.
- Free shipping does not apply to Hawaii and Alaska.
Sleep Innovations Marley 10 Inch Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress with Airflow Channel Foam for Breathability, Queen Size, Bed in a Box, Medium Firm Support
So, do I think this is a good mattress and worth the money? Hm. It’s not bad, but it’s not my best bet. I’m not a big fan of fiberglass in mattresses, and you would have to buy a 12″ to expect great comfort from it.
However, if you REALLY buy a 12″ mattress REALLY make sure you never remove the cover and always use a mattress topper, I don’t see why you can’t get a good night’s sleep on this mattress. It’s pretty good value for money, and there are definitely worse mattresses out there.
So not my favorite, but not the worst either! This is reasonable value for money if you go knowing what you are buying.
- Cool Queen Size Foam Mattress: This 10″ Gel Mattress is perfect for those who sleep hot; This medium-firm mattress features a 3-layer construction with a soft knit cover, stretchy foam, and a durable base layer for pressure relief and support in any sleeping position.
- Cooling Comfort: This Queen mattress features gel foam mattresses and an airflow channel for enhanced breathability, so you sleep cool all night every night.
- Support for every sleeper: Whether you sleep on your stomach, back, or side, you can find motion isolation, edge support, and breathable comfort with Sleep Innovations’ eco-conscious bed.
- Mattress quality above all: Marley mattresses are made in the USA and Mexico. Our memory foam models mattresses, toppers, and pillows are hypoallergenic and certified by CertiPUR-US, offering you the highest quality materials for quality sleep.
- The Pursuit of Good Sleep: We invented the boxed foam mattresses and continue to deliver sleep recovery today with innovative foams and fabrics.
- Made in the USA.
- 10 years warranty.
- Built for breathability and comfort.
- Slim base on 8″ and 10″ models.
- Fireproof fiberglass barrier.
Tempur-Pedic TEMPUR Supreme 3-Inch Mattress Topper, Medium Firm, Queen, White
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Specialists have been creating mattresses of the highest quality for many years.
Tempur – Pedic TEMPUR-ProAdapt combines a lower comfort layer with a matching pressure relief foam layer. Like all Tempur-Pedic mattresses, this mattress protector has a durable foam core.
For those who have struggled to get comfortable on a traditional memory foam mattress, the hybrid option allows you more air and results in more independent movement.
Like many mattresses in this review and most Tempur-Pedic mattresses, they are quite heavy. Take advantage of the delivery service and get rid of your worries.
Every inch of this mattress is protected from motion transmission. If you’re a restless sleeper and having trouble waking up your partner, this might be the one for you! The best mattress according to Reddit options is an investment in your health and your relationships.
- This mattress does not need to be flipped. Set and forget!
- You get 90 days to test this mattress, plus free shipping and pickup. Choosing a mattress according to Reddit might be cheaper, but hiring someone to pull and throw away your old mattress will add up the cost.
- It’s not cheap, but you can finance it for 36 months with no interest. Worth buying, the best online mattress brands that according to Reddit recommend for those who need comfort but hate the “quicksand” feel of memory foam.
- These mattresses are incredibly durable; the Tempur-Pedic brand enjoys well-deserved popularity.
- A 10-year warranty takes the worry out of it.
- You can use this mattress in a horizontal position or on a flexible frame.
- Tempur-Pedic mattresses cannot be used on the floor or on a box spring.
- If you need more softness as a side sleeper, this mattress may not be soft enough.
- These mattresses are quite heavy; Measure both your existing bed frame and all your hotspots.
Zinus 8 Inch Ultima Memory Foam Mattress / Pressure Relieving / CertiPUR-US Certified / Bed-in-a-Box, Queen, White
Zinus produces two different types of mattresses: a multi-layer memory foam line and a hybrid line with memory foam on internal coil springs. Although both types are comparable in price, there are significant differences between them.
Their hybrids are designed primarily for side sleepers. Essentially, these mattresses allow you to sink in – up to a point – and the springs provide extra support for your hips and shoulders, taking the strain off your lower back.
Their memory foam mattresses allow for a large sink but don’t provide as much support. This is ideal if you want to feel like you are being pulled into the mattress, but not if you need a lot of support.
Zinus mattresses have two additional features: a layer of gel and green tea foam. The gel is a great choice if you’re a hot sleeper, as it draws heat away from your body without “feeling” cool. The green tea infusion is basically a way to hide the smell of memory foam for the first few days.
Speaking of smell, many users complain that Zinus gives off gas. While this is normal to some extent with any memory foam, it seems especially bad for this brand. Zinus mattresses also wear out faster than many other brand mattresses, but considering the low price, they are a great deal for what you get.
- Hybrid construction or memory foam.
- Cooling gel layer on some models.
- Green tea infusion on some models.
- Hybrids are perfect for side sleepers.
- Gel models sleep very well.
- Washable, removable cover.
- Affordable prices.
- Smells bad for the first 2-3 days.
- Not as durable as more expensive models.
Twin Mattress, Coolvie 10 Inch Twin Size Hybrid Mattress, Individual Pocket Springs with Memory Foam, Bed in a Box, Cooler Sleep with Pressure Relief and Support
This double-size knitted new mattress is skin-friendly and super breathable open cell foam, it can help wick moisture and balance body temperature.
Coolio’s unique memory foam is tucked away at the bottom of the jersey.
Large vents can speed up airflow and adjust the firmness of the new mattress, providing cooling and stress relief during sleep.
- Thick layers of memory foam wrap around the body for great pressure relief.
- The foam absorbs motion to prevent motion transmission.
- Soft-touch cashmere blend mattress cover.
- It’s the perfect combination of hardness and softness. It’s like lying on a cloud. It is comfortable and has foam, but also has springs.
- I would love to buy this mattress. This mattress is comfortable and relaxing as delivered. The mattress is fresh and clean, beautiful and resilient. I’m so glad I stumbled upon this wonderful mattress!
- It is easy to open and place on the bed before “unrolling”. No gaskets, stiffeners, etc. didn’t need to. Just wrap it around the frame and cut off the plastic wrap.
- There is no memory foam feel. Basically, a terrible place to pack.
NapQueen 8 Inch Bamboo Charcoal Queen Size Medium Firm Memory Foam Mattress, Bed in a Box
Mattresses have been around since 2010, making them one of the newer players in the mattress market.
They offer 14 different models, which is more than most online mattress companies.
As a result, you will have many options for thickness, hardness, warmth, and other characteristics.
You can also choose between deep sinking memory foam, firmer latex foam, or hybrid mattresses that provide a good balance of sinking and rebounding.
These mattresses are popular with all types of sleepers as there are so many options available. Be careful when evaluating.
The trial period is only 30 days instead of the standard 100 days.
If you’re looking to save money, the mattress has some of the cheapest deals on the market.
You’re looking for around $200 for their base model, depending on pricing and current promotions.
This is good news for students or those who need to buy a mattress urgently, but you get what you pay for. Don’t expect tons of edge support or durability.
Mattress toppers are of higher quality and offer 20 different options, including memory foam, polyurethane, and down.
Even if you choose a mattress from another manufacturer, these mattress toppers are a great way to give the perfect finishing touch to your sleeping surface.
- Temperature controller, orthopedic, antibacterial, low-power transfer, removable cover.
- Medium hardness.
- Filling material: memory foam, high-density foam, cotton.
- Product dimensions 80″L × 60″W × 8″ D.
- 15% cotton, 85% polyester.
- High-quality toppers.
- Wide choice of thicknesses and stiffness options.
- Very affordable.
- Poor edge support.
- Short trial period.
What should be taken into account?
So, now you have a selection of the best mattresses according to Reddit. Plus, you already know what level of hardness you should be looking for.
Is that all you need to know when buying? Not really. Of course, if you want to shop smart.
In this case, it is always better to do a little research in advance and consider the following factors.
I’m sure you understand that each type of mattress has its own characteristics and unique characteristics (some of which may not suit you).
Latex is more elastic (and durable)
Latex mattresses provide pressure relief, which many users describe as sleeping “on” the mattress rather than in it.
Mattresses use combined materials such as pocket coils for support and foam or latex for comfort. Usually, hybrid mattress manufacturers try to achieve a balanced feel.
They often combine firm, springy support with a good lullaby.
As for innerspring mattresses, they are usually very resilient and have strong edges, which can come in handy if you need more space to sleep.
At the same time, models with an internal spring are not ideal in terms of pressure relief and movement motion isolation.
This aspect depends on your preferences, which will also depend on the size of your bedroom.
If your living space allows, you can choose one of the best Queen-size mattresses, as this option is the most popular and can easily accommodate two adults.
For single users, Full should be enough.
And couples who need more legroom can try a King or even Cal King bed (if you tend to sleep far apart).
To narrow down your options, you can start by deciding how much you’re willing to invest in your new mattress.
Keep in mind that you can find some of the best mattresses under $500 if you’re on a budget, but they may be less durable than more expensive options.
Generally, higher quality models cost around $1,000 and up.
Latex mattresses are among the most expensive due to their long lifespan.
Nobody wants to sleep on a mattress that smells like chemicals.
Also, it’s not the safest option.
Environmentally conscious buyers may want to consider latex mattresses.
They are considered the safest option, plus many of them are organic.
Movement motion isolation (for sleeping with a partner)
If you or your partner can be easily disturbed by movements at night, you can choose a mattress that can absorb motion shock quite well.
How to make sure the mattress recommended by Reddit is right for you?
While many cool mattresses have been selected (and tested) by Reddit users, not all of them will work for you. And even the most comfortable mattress may seem unsuitable for you if you don’t make the right choice.
And it’s not just your personal preferences (which, of course, play a huge role). This also applies to your body type and preferred sleeping position. To make sure your new Reddit-recommended mattress doesn’t disappoint, it’s important to choose the appropriate firmness level.
Let me explain, and let’s start with the most popular sleeping position, the side sleeper. Side sleepers are generally advised to choose softer mattresses that are rated around 4 on the firmness scale (where 1 is the softest and 10 is the hardest). If you are a short person, you can even get a mattress with a rating of 3.
Heavier people (over 230 pounds) should opt for something firmer (around 5) to get proper support. The reason side sleepers need softer mattresses is simple: to keep their hips and shoulders from cutting into the surface of the bed. Instead, they should sink a bit, allowing for a softer mattress.
We move on to the second most popular sleeping position – on the back. This position is considered the best in terms of back health, as it promotes proper spinal alignment. Consequently, the rear sleepers do not need to sag as much and require reliable support. They are advised to choose mattresses of medium and medium firmness (score around 5-6).
These beds allow moderate sagging (enough for the hips and buttocks) while maintaining a neutral spine position. Again, lightweight people should opt for something softer, and heavier users should opt for something stiffer.
Even though sleeping on the stomach is less popular, many people find this position to be the most comfortable. Such sleepers need firmer mattresses that do not allow for as much sagging (minimum or zero is preferred).
Why? Because if the heavier parts of your body sink when you lie on your stomach, your spine will have an unnatural curve that can put stress on your back and neck. In the long term, this can lead to back problems and even chronic pain.
Average people are advised to choose mattresses with a rating of around 7, small users with around 6, and larger users with around 8 or even 9.
If you want to know more, check out our article Best Mattresses on Amazon — Reddit Top Picks.
A few tips for buying a mattress, according to Reddit
- Before you get started, keep in mind that there is no such thing as a “perfect mattress”. Some mattresses are better than others, but what works for one may not work for you. Make a list of your wants and needs along with your budget, read reviews and make your own list of pros and cons.
- The single best way to know if a mattress is right for you is to try it out. Luckily, most online mattress brands — and even some OG mattress brands like Tempur-Pedic — offer a risk-free sleep trial that typically lasts 3 months to a year. The average (read: normal) person can tell if a mattress is right for them by the third week. Some mattresses may require a break-in period (for example, firmer mattresses that compress) of up to 30 days.
- Is memory foam better than springs/hybrids? The honest answer is: no one is better than the other. It all depends on your preferences, sleeping position, weight, height, and possible health issues such as fibromyalgia or arthritis.
- The more outrageous the marketing and the more bizarre the words, the more hollow the promises. Write it down.
- So, you love your old mattress, but it’s on its last legs. Do you choose the same mattress or should you try one of the newer, high-tech ones? Buy an avocado. Joking. Please refer to point number 1.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much should I spend on a new mattress?
It depends on your budget, but generally, you can find good foam mattresses in the $500 to $800 price range.u003cbru003eHybrid and latex models are usually slightly more expensive.
How long do memory mattresses last?
If we are talking about high-quality high-density foam, such a mattress can last up to 10 years on average.
How thick should my mattress be?
For medium or light sleepers, 8-9 inches should be sufficient. If you are a heavier person (over 200-230 pounds), you may want to opt for something thicker (starting at 11 inches).
How much should I spend on a new mattress?
It depends on your budget, but generally, you can find good memory foam mattresses in the $500 to $800 price range.u003cbru003eHybrid and latex models are usually slightly more expensive.
How long do memory foam mattresses last?
If we are talking about high-quality high-density foam, such a mattress can last up to 10 years on average.
Are more expensive mattresses really worth it?
Yes, in most cases, since a higher price usually means that the manufacturer uses higher quality materials and components.u003cbru003eHowever, you need to be careful with the impressive price tags.u003cbru003eSometimes manufacturers inflate prices due to bells and whistles that have nothing to do with the quality of the mattress.
What is the best mattress firmness according to Reddit?
Reddit users generally recommend medium or medium firmness mattresses, as this is a firmness level that is suitable for a wide variety of sleepers and often provides a balanced combination of ample support and pressure relief.
As you can see, there are tons of options to choose from.
And whichever mattress you choose, be sure to check the firmness level and construction listed, as this will also determine the feel of your new bed.
It also doesn’t hurt to read the terms of the warranty and learn more about the sleep trial.
Remember that most manufacturers offer it for free, but some companies may charge you to return the mattress.
If you want to know more opinions of Reddit users – click here.
What Reddit Users Think
Reddit Comment #1: Beneficial_Dirt_8563
One thing I can’t really seem to figure out is if one can find a cheap mattress that can ALSO be the best mattress can someone reddit help me on answering the best mattress ?
Reddit Comment #2: Evening-County3075
I keep hearing about layla, casper, and nolah as the best mattress recommended a lot on reddit. I’m still in the research phase but that seems to be the most common ones I seen alot give good reviews.
Reddit Comment #3: BreadfruitAgitated75
There is so many different types of mattress and price ranges. Luxury probably tempurpedic but medium range I would go with layla.
Reddit Comment #4: Murky_Ostrich_2120
EDIT: update been using nolah for 6 months now and its still great
Reddit Comment #5: BreadfruitAgitated75
layla and purple are both good but I went with the layla
8 mo. ago
layla and purple are both good but I went with the layla